The resources linked below should help you feel more confident both in using mathematics in your everyday life and if you are intending to study a course or qualification with some numerical or mathematical content.
- Module 1: Numbers, units and arithmetic
- Module 2: Rounding and estimation
- Module 3: Ratio, proportion and percentages
- Module 4: Squares, roots and powers
- Module 5: Diagrams, charts and graphs
- Module 6: Language, notation and formulas
- Module 7: Geometry
- Module 8: Using a scientific calculator
Note that the mathematical topics covered in section 5 onwards of Module 8 are explained in detail in Discovering mathematics (MU123).
Maths Help is a selection of freely-available Open University learning resources related to everyday mathematics. Covering numerical, graphical and related skills, the resources include activities to help you learn new skills (or revise long–forgotten techniques), and quizzes to check your progress.
Confidence with the topics covered is good preparation for studying MU123.