Here are links to my M249 tutorial delivered on 27 Mar 2021: Bayesian Methods. This tutorial introduced Bayes' Theorem and its components, along with inferences and hypothesis testing:
- Probability & Bayes’ Theorem
- Prior probabilities
- Likelihoods & conjugate analysis
- Estimates & inferences
- Hypothesis testing (additional topic, not part of M249)
This tutorial is for the 20J presentation (Sep 2020) and materials will expire after 12 months - except for OU Library resources.
Please do let me know if you spot any errors or ambiguities!
OU LIBRARY DOWNLOADABLE FULL TEXT E-BOOKS
- A Modern Introduction To Probability And Statistics : Understanding Why And How by Dekking, Michel
- Fundamentals of Data Analytics: With a View to Machine Learning by Mathar, R. et al. (2020)
- Data Analysis: A Bayesian Tutorial by Sivia & Skilling (2006)
I highly recommended the Sivia & Skilling book - it's very readable, has a very approachable style and lots of examples of using Bayesian methods.