Evolutionary and revolutionary aspects of digitization
(147th Nobel Symposium June 23-26, 2009. Published 2011)
‘A three day discussion on the future of memory’. (Baker, 2011)
What is evolutionary or revolutionary when going digital today?
The Pre-digital world. How did we manage?
· Where did this come from?
· What does it mean?
· How academics use it
· Adding value for research
· Where is it all leading to?
Videos available here
Putting together the best speakers:
· Professor Emma Rothschild, Harvard.
· Dr Lisbet Rausing, Imperial College, London
· Professor Marco Beretta, Bologna/Florence
· Martin Rosenbroek, National Library, The Netherlands
Going Digital. Another memory aid in a 5,000 year history. A must read for anyone on MAODE, especially H800 and H807