Trips. Finding out why I had no volume on the laptop so that I could view the animation. Eventually dig through the system set up to bring the volume up. With a 12 and 14 year old using this laptop from time to time wit hearphones might explain this.
Compendium is a visual way for organising ideas and linking documents and webpages.
Knowledge Mapping Software
- Double Click
- List view, visual view
- Keeping track of websites and documents and how they connect to ideas, questions that you may be thinkng about, it gives you a way of linking and relating to arguments you mjay be wrestling with
- A way of Linking together different resources - tagging them.
- The spheres are 'maps; that can be opened, clocked or dragged.
- Mindmapping with the affordances of drag and drop, multilayered, easily copied, changed and/or shared.
- Tagging so that you can find them later on.
Trips: Despite following the animation to the letter and creating a map I cannot see how create a 'new document.' I have to wonder if pen and paper, grabbed, scanned and shared, wouldn't achieve much the same effect despite the infinte layers and links that Compendium affords, it is at least simple.
Trips: Elsewhere, learning Outlook for the first time, I repeatedly find having put in a hundred or so contact details, that I cannot reliably send a mail to a selected group. I am blind to the required button.