This SSAT presentation (the first of two) is as dense as the most succulent brandy Christmas cake. I cannot get through it in one sitting. I am now on the fifth helping and still have a long way to do. I have my notes, I have created a transcript, I have looked up names and added references, I have added some of his slides and made some of my own.
I am getting there.
My summary conclusion is simple - to improve effective of student learning teachers should
- Prioritise what works in your context and make time by dropping other things.
- Only do what is known to be effective from the research (though question the research rigourously)
- Make time to seek ways to improve through working with fellow teachers instead of reinventing the wheel
And what Dylan Wiliam failed to mention, let alone develop:
- Use big data. Surveilliance and monitoring of student (and teacher) performance is made readibly possible through use of digital platforms.
- Use A.I. Openly use smarter smart speakers and personalised A.I. that can monitor and therefore personalise and differentiate a student's learning.