Everyone needs to know how to 'get into the flow'.
Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi tells us how:
- Complete concentration on the task;
- Clarity of goals and reward in mind and immediate feedback;
- Transformation of time (speeding up/slowing down);
- The experience is intrinsically rewarding;
- Effortlessness and ease;
- There is a balance between challenge and skills;
- Actions and awareness are merged, losing self-conscious rumination;
- There is a feeling of control over the task.
To watch > Flow by Csikszentmihalyi
Csikszentmihalyi, M (2020) The 8 Characteristics of Flow. [accessed 17/11/2020]