The outcomes of this first unit are:
- to appreciate the range of potential interpretations of the concept of an ‘elearning professional’
- assess the roles that different technologies might play in your own development during the first four units of H808.
The first has been covered thoroughly and discussions are now playing out in the tutor forum.
The second I need to get to grips with:
Blogging and forum entries I can do.
More work required on:
- The OU Library
Read carefully through the Course Guide and the Assignment Guide
Scan through the materials for each of the first four units.
Have I? Core Activity 1.3
Looked at the following resources:
- The map of the H808 virtual environment (in the Resources section of the H808 homepage). This will give an overview of the technical environment, and also some suggestions as to what you might focus on if you are a novice or an ‘old hand’ with these tools.
- The various technical guides that you will find in the OU Computing Guide at http://www.open.ac.uk/computingguide/start.html.
- The Technical and skills forum, where the online moderator will be available to answer questions and give advice, together with the more technically expert of the H808 student participants. Please make use of all these sources of help. If you hit a problem, don’t suffer in silence!